Preparation and Powder coating Motorcycle parts.
Here at Maldon Shot Blasting & Powder Coating Ltd carry out work on motorcycle frames & parts to a very high quility long lasting standard.
Remember our motto (Do it once do it right) Our work will last you for many years to come, as powder coating is extremely chip resistant and tough finish over stove or wet paint finishes.
We are aware that other’s offer a cheaper service, however we DO NOT cut corners and offer a professional service and up to a fifteen year warranty
Some folks have the opinion that stove enamelling is the best for the best finish, this is true to a point, however laying down a gloss powder coat and finishing with a acrylic crystal clear powder coat lacquer even the purists will be hard pushed to tell the difference. Samples of this work are available to view in our showroom or if you would like us to run asmall sample of your work please call us to make arrangements.
A wide range of colours and special finishes are available. To view the standard ral colours please visit the following web site www.ralcolour.com.
There are flip and pearls, special effect lacquers and candy colours and now glow in the dark range, a world of choice, we can also offer any colour in two pack or water base automotive finishes. Wet paints are recommended for items as Petrol tanks, mudguards, side casings, this is not to say they can’t be powder coated however wet paints always will give a better finish Please note fibreglass, carbon fibre & plastic parts cannot be powder coated.
We do not apply naked flames to strip off paint or decals as some do, this can give rise to local distortion with disastrous results.
1. Steel frames are dipped in an alkaline paint remover then a light blast clean to remove all remaining paintwork and any corrosion and allow for a first class key for primer or first coating.
2. Aluminium or alloy frames will be bead or aqua blasted this is less aggressive over blast cleaning and yet it still gives a first class key for the prime coat
3. Once the blast or bead cleaning stage is completed, the work visually checked over for damage as cracks, broken or poor welded joints.
4. Repair any corrosion damage by either using our Metfil manufactured especially for the use with powder coating, or carry our welding work for the worst areas of damage. This will be considered as further work and extra charges will be made to achieve a good prepared finish prior to the coating work.
5. The frame and other parts are placed into our Phosphating and wash plant for final and complete deep clean, the phosphate helps further to etch into the work and therefore will give a far longer life. This is an optional extra and an extra charge is made for this service, however this allows us to increase our warranty term to fifteen years. (Subject to terms & conditions)
6 .Masking off, all the threads and raceways making ready for the primer coats. (subject to chosen level)
7. Apply our self-healing epoxy polyester primer coat at an average of 50 microns per coat. (subject to chosen level)
8. Semi cured @130d cent.
9. Apply the colour coat of polyester powder and fully cure at 180d cent until both the primer & topcoat have fully bonded to the work. At this stage, we can apply either a further clear or special effect lacquer coats.
For further information and pricing please, feel free to call or drop us an email.
Prices exclude vat.
A further acrylic lacquer can be applied giving a deep lustre finish. This will add no more than £35.00 to any complete job
The costs below are for motorcycle frames & includes the swing arm, if your machine is without a swing arm then an allowance will be made.
Other parts will be priced separately for example:-small brackets from £2.50 each. For further pricing please email your list of parts along with photographs and any damage you are aware of that may need extra work if possible, this enables us to get a better idea of the work involved.
Two-year warranty. (Silver)
No primer coat. One coat system
Blast clean, masking, Single polyester colour coat.
Various Motorcycle Projects Restored Here at MSBPCL
Our Opening Times:
Monday to Friday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Closed Bank Holiday weekends
Fax: 01621 842233
Benbridge Industrial Estate,
Heybridge, Maldon, Essex CM9 4ER